After School Program FAQ
Q. As a parent, how can I understand what my child does in their Mad Science afterschool program?
A. Mad Science sends 2 items home with your child each class. There is a take home item that helps reinforce the subject that they learned. Also, a take home card that includes information about the class. It has the topic and learned points, plus a great experiment that uses household items to help parents enjoy the science and fun behind our programming with their children.
For schools, community centers or parent organizations, Mad Science takes all the hassle and frustration out of running an after-school program because we do all the work for you!
The following provides you with additional information as to how a Mad Science after-school program works:
• Registration Materials: All registration forms can be provided. They are customized for your program, delivered to your school and bundled for each teacher’s classroom.
• Payment Processing: Mad Science can collect all funds through check, cash or on-line registration, if school desires.
• Age/Grade Level: Mad Science offers instruction in an age and grade appropriate manner using a variety of teaching methods to ensure each participant benefits from the instruction. Students in kindergarten through to grade 6 can participate in Mad Science after-school programs.
• Instructors: We recruit individuals who have a love of science and enjoy working with children. It is mandatory for all our instructors to pass a series of background checks before they are appointed.
• Supplies: Mad Science provides all the equipment and materials required to run the after-school program. Our Mad Scientists arrive at least 15 minutes before the class begins, to set-up their equipment. At the end of the class, the Mad Scientist makes sure the room is neat and tidy.
• Take-Home Materials: During each class, students make and take home a science project related to the topic covered in that class. Along with this take-home project, students leave with a summary take-home card that describes what they learned during class along with additional activities to extend their science fun and learning at home!