Do you want to get paid for having fun?
Do you want to work for a cool and innovative company that strives to spark the imagination and curiosity of children and teach them about the fun in science?
Part Time – Non-traditional Schedule
· Flexible, creative, engaging and have excellent verbal communication skills.
· You love children, science, teaching and/or acting.
· You own a car.
· You often say things like, “I got that.” “I have an idea.” “Let me take the lead on that.” and “I handled that. What next?”
· You thrive in environments where you get a lot of support but function with a great deal of autonomy.
· You are excited by non-traditional work schedules because you love the gig economy!
· You aren’t afraid to try new things and you love variety.
· A team of STEM-loving folks who spend our days transforming laboratory science into fun, interactive learning experiences for youth from Pre-K to 6th grade.
· We believe in working smart and having a good time.
· We all wear many hats and we work collaboratively to get things done and ensure that our students and their families are thrilled by their learning experience.
Is different. We know it. We hope that’s exciting to you!
You can work anywhere from 1 day to 5 days a week teaching a one-hour science lesson during afterschool hours.
What will you do?
· You will drive (in the car you own) to a school or park district
· You will lead a one-hour exciting, immersive and interactive science lesson (after a lot of paid training so that you feel totally comfortable in all ways)
16 hours of training at $10/hour
Here’s a little video that gives you a taste of what our trainings are like.
Excited? GREAT! Apply below.
“I love working for Mad Science because kids think that I’m a rock star! Kids can’t wait to get to class and learn about science… who would have thought! I like that the job I do makes a difference in their lives.”
"I love working for Mad Science because I learn as much from the kids as they learn from me. I love asking a question about an experiment and getting a completely unexpected -- and brilliant -- response. It's so incredible to give the kids the opportunity to explore the world and then get the gift of seeing it from their perspective."
"I love working for Mad Science because I love working with children and being able to share our passion for Science. It's an amazing feeling seeing their reactions, like 'woah!!', "that's so cool!", "can you do it again?", to all the different experiments! As a Mad Scientist, the most important part is that the kids are having fun while learning Science!"